Croydon Deaf Children’s Society (CDCS) is a local charity run by parents, relatives and friends of deaf and hearing impaired children living in and around the Croydon area.
We are affiliated to the National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS) which allows us to make use of their resources, information and experience.
We provide support to families of all hearing impaired children and young people:
- Whatever their level of hearing loss
- Whether they wear hearing aids or have a cochlear implant
- However they choose to communicate – through speech, lip-reading, British Sign Language (BSL), Sign Supported English (SSE), Makaton etc.
- Whether or not they have additional needs
- Whatever their ethnic or religious background
We sometimes have talks by professionals and provide practical and emotional support for any new parents at these events.